The Red Chilli Hideaway is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic couple to manage our Rest Camp situated at Paraa, within Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda.
Murchison Falls is the largest national park in Uganda at over 5,000 square kilometres. The scenery is spectacular, varying from woodland in the south and east, to classic grassland savannah in the west, which rolls down to Lake Albert with views across to the Blue Mountains of Congo. The park is bisected by the river Nile, with its world-renowned rapids and falls. Bird life is immense and there are ever-increasing numbers of large mammals to be seen. Sport fishing on the Nile is second to none. Boat trips are offered along the river to the base of the falls, during which hippos, crocodiles and
magnificent bird life can be viewed close up. Chimpanzee tracking is possible in the tropical forest in the south of the park.
The Red Chilli Hideaway operates lodges in Kampala and Murchison Falls, specialising in providing friendly and good-value accommodation and tours for low to mid budget visitors. Our busy Rest Camp in Murchison Falls can sleep over 70 people
per night in furnished safari tents or bandas with shared or en suite facilities. We also provide camping facilities and operate an open air bar and restaurant, overlooking the River Nile. Extra day visitors mean that we frequently serve over 100 people for lunch.
Ideal candidates will be willing to commit for at least 12 months. They will have travelled or worked previously in sub-Saharan Africa and have prior experience in the hospitality industry. A lively and out-going nature and a love of the
outdoors are essential.
Ideal Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum A-level (or equivalent) standard of education.
- Management experience (currently we employ over 30 members of staff in Murchison).
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Numeracy and a sound knowledge of book-keeping procedures (day to day and monthly returns).
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Cooking and catering experience (oversight of a busy kitchen).
- Experience of basic vehicle mechanics (basic servicing and day to day maintenance).
- Experience of building (on-going programme of renovations).
- Internationally recognised driving licence.
Remuneration provided will include:
- Gross Salary available on request.
- Accommodation in a furnished two-bedroom house with kitchen, bathroom, living room & satellite TV
- All meals within the camp; cost price drinks.
- Local in and out-patient medical insurance policy with The Surgery, Kampala.
- 5 days off per month.
- 13th month bonus at end of completed 12-month contract.
- All visas and work permits.
For more details/applications, please contact:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30/09/2018